Membership of the society is open to all over the age of 18. The annual subscription covers a calendar year, and can be paid by clicking the “Buy Now” button below. You will be taken to the PayPal site where you can pay using your credit card or your PayPal account, if you have one.
Members of the drinks trade are welcome to join the society and attend our tastings, we look forward to your contribution in our discussions.
Once registered, you will be entitled to all membership benefits. Your membership card will be printed and provided to you at the earliest opportunity by our membership officer.
If you have difficulty using the internet for payment, please contact our membership officer to make alternative arrangements.
Once Paypal confirms your payment to the membership officer you will be added to the membership list for the Society automatically, no further action is required by you, you will then be able to attend any of our Society meetings at the members rate or purchase any available Cask Subscriptions. Please add yourself to our mailing list (link available on the home page) in order to be kept up to date with Society events, purchasing a membership does not include you on our mailing list as we keep these separate.
If you wish to purchase a Gift membership for a friend contact the membership officer to arrange this.
Benefits of Membership
- Admission charge of €15 to our monthly tastings. For non-members the cost is €25 (and may be more depending on the value of the whiskeys being sampled).
- Priority booking for high-demand events.
- Access to exclusive bottlings that may be arranged from time to time.
- Excursions to distilleries, etc (not open to non-members).
- A specially selected Irish Whiskey Society gift.
- 2-for-1 admission to the Tullamore Dew Heritage Centre exhibition on production of your membership card. Only one member needs to be present for the discount to be valid. Tullamore Dew Heritage Centre is located in the original Bonded Warehouse of D. E. Williams Ltd. and relates the history of this world famous and rapidly increasing brand. The centre is home to the exhibition but also meeting rooms and a lovely cafe. [See also the Heritage Centre’s Facebook Page]
Please note that membership of the society does not automatically guarantee admission to the society meetings, these meetings must be booked in advance and are on a first come first served basis; further proof of age may be required.